FORUM POLICY & TERMS OF SERVICE
This forum policy page is an integral part of
HairSite's overall Terms of Service. Please read the following forum acceptable use
policy. By proceeding to register an account in our forum, you are deemed to
have read and accepted the following terms and provisions in our FORUM POLICY.
Posters who violate any of our policy will be stripped of their posting
privileges and membership in the forum and banned from posting.
Forum Acceptable Use Policy
HairSite reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms and provisions of this agreement.
All Forum members will automatically receive HairSite Newsletter on a regular basis. You may also receive promotion emails from HairSite affiliates. You can choose to remove from the mailing list by sending your request to email@example.com. Please read our Privacy & Disclosure statement.
HairSite forums are created with the intention of providing a comfortable environment for our advertisers or paid sponsors to share information about their products or services with people who have a common interest in hair loss and haircare treatments. These forums are maintained in that spirit and members are expected to honor those goals. The basic guide to etiquette is this: be polite, be mature, keep your language clean and respect the opinions of others (even if you disagree).
KEEP ON TOPIC
Do try and keep to the topic of the thread. If you want to raise a new issue then consider whether a new topic is more appropriate.
Please do not use these forums for personal disputes, heated debates, flame wars etc. You are expected to treat each other with respect in the forums and take any personal disputes to a private mode of discussion off the forums. If you should find that your discussion is becoming too heated or someone is becoming far too passionate about their argument, please take the discussion to private message or email.
Personal topics are threads that, whilst posted in public forum, are intended for a discussion between only a few members. These kinds of topics are frowned on and will be locked/removed as soon as they are discovered. Public posts should be open and inviting to all members. Personal discussions among a select group of users should take place in private message - use your messaging facilities accessed from your community home page.
RESPECT OTHER USERS
Sometimes people can write something that you may find offensive. Before launching into a public condemnation though, please consider that the person may not have intended to cause offence. It is very easy to misinterpret a post on forums. There is absolutely no need to resort to insults. Respect others' views even if you disagree with them.
If the moderator feels that certain posts constitute advertising without explicit permission from HairSite, they may be deleted. This is an advertising site for paid advertisers. Users cannot use any part of our site or forum to promote their products and solicit customers without first seeking written permission by HairSite.
For the most part, links to relevant news sources are encouraged. In particular, when posting hair loss news please provide the source for the information. Links that are off topic are not allowed and will be deleted. In some rare occasions, links to other sources are not recommended.
What is a troll? It's a person who posts something which is bound to stir people up and then sits back and watches as dozens of people jump in and start arguing. Sometimes trolls get their friends to join in or post under different names. Generally they will do anything it takes to get attention repeatedly. If you see a message like this, please try and refrain from replying to it - it may well be deleted anyway.
It's tempting to revisit controversial decisions or topics you disagree with, but it's rarely productive to do so if the topic had already been discussed at length in the forum before. Revisiting the same topic will almost always results in the same heated, lengthy, and time/energy draining discussions leading to the same conclusion that was reached earlier in the forum. Therefore, for issues already raised and discussed before, reopen the discussion only if you have significant new information that would reasonably prompt reconsideration of the original decision. Posters who bring up recurring topics may risk losing his membership in the forum.
The forum is for men and women of all ages and from all backgrounds to research information and treatments for hair loss. There is no one treatment or option that works for everyone. As such, discussions about which treatment, doctor or clinic is better or superior are not encouraged.
HAIR TRANSPLANT OR HAIR RESTORATION ISSUES
This is an advertising site for paid advertisers or sponsors to showcase successful hair restoration results. The main goal and mandate of Hairsite is purely about sharing success stories and advertising or advertorial contents from our advertisers. It is not the mandate of this site to engage in the discussions of failed or unsuccessful hair restoration procedures or complaint cases. Hairsite, its forum and personal journals are not intended for patient or customer complaints, negative reviews or negative remarks against any hair treatment provider, including hair transplant doctor or clinic. Criticisms, negative remarks, offensive comments of any kind against any particular doctor, clinic or hair loss products or hair loss treatment providers are discouraged and may be deleted. Posters of negative remarks or criticisms of any doctor, clinic or company will risk losing their posting privileges.
HAIR TRANSPLANT PATIENT UPDATES
Many forum users are genuine hair transplant patients whose goals are to share their positive experiences and sometimes before and after photo results with others in the community. These patients are doing a great service for everyone. They post their photos on their own accord and are under no obligation to post regular updates or honor any specific requests. Please be respectful and refrain from making any demands on these volunteers or your posts will be removed and you will risk losing your posting privileges. Any remarks toward the volunteer poster that the administrator finds inappropriate will be removed as well and you will also risk losing your posting privileges.
INDIVIDUALS IN THE HAIR LOSS, HAIR REPLACEMENT OR HAIRCARE BUSINESS
Individuals who are affiliated and/or compensated directly or indirectly by any particular hair loss physicians, hair transplant clinics, hair transplant doctors, dermatologists or any person or business in the hair loss and hair replacement industry are required to divulge such information in their posting signature. No links or references to websites or resources are allowed without first obtaining permission from the moderator or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY & USEFULNESS OF INFORMATION
The videos, photos and contents you see on
HairSite are provided by paid sponsors or advertisers and are by no means
endorsed by HairSite. Do not regard anything you read in the forum or
on HairSite as medical advice. Whatever you decide to do for your condition, you
should do that under the supervision of your doctor. HairSite is not
responsible for and does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or
usefulness of any comments in the forum. Forum posts represent the opinions of
the author of the message and do NOT represent the views of HairSite.
MODERATOR, OWNER OR AFFILIATES OF OTHER WEBSITES
Moderator, owner or anyone who is affiliated with another website is required to email email@example.com for permission before registering or posting in the forum.
UNSUBSTANTIATED ALLEGATIONS & DEFAMATION
Forum members are strictly prohibited from making unsubstantiated allegations and/or defamatory comments in the forum or you will risk losing your posting privileges. Accusations or allegations of any nature should be properly supported and documented. Defamatory and libelous comments will not be tolerated. Violations will result in immediate termination of forum membership. Your IP address, email address and all pertinent account information may also be turned over to the authorities for investigation.
You remain solely responsible for your comments
in the forum, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless HairSite and their
agents, sponsors and advertisers with respect to any claim based upon the
contents of your message(s).
HairSite also reserves the right to reveal your identity, IP address, email account or any information we have about you to the authority or legal counsel in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any comments posted by you.
The user also agrees to the following terms:
1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
2. You will not use your membership to spam, harass, or exploit other members in any way.
3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist, and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
4. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
5. The same person shall NOT register more than one handle or screenname.
6. Use of IP masking softwares are prohibited and the member will risk being banned.
7. Individuals who are working for or getting compensated (directly or indirectly) by a particular company, doctor or clinics in the hair restoration business should properly identify in the bottom of each and every single one of their posts the company, doctor or clinic that they are associated with. You can use the auto-signature feature to accomplish that. If you have trouble setting up your signature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
8. Refrain from using libelous and defamatory remarks.
9. Refrain from off topic posts.
10. Refrain from personal attack posts, highly opinionated comments, bickering posts or posts that contain unsubstantiated allegations or accusations.
11. Refrain from targeting any particular hair transplant doctors or hair replacement specialists for repetitive criticisms.
If you find that your post(s) are being deleted or edited, it may be due to one or more of the following reasons, including but not limited to:
1) Posts are edited or removed when they do not serve a purpose in the forum.
2) Posts are edited or removed if they are repetitive arguments or endless bickering that accomplish nothing other than consuming bandwith and forum space.
3) Posts are edited or removed if the topic at hand is being investigated by the administrator.
4) Posts are edited or removed if they are nothing but hair politics under the guise of seemingly logical discussions.
5) Posts are edited or removed if they are made by people who use IP masking softwares.
6) Posts are edited or removed if two different posters are using the same IP address.
7) Posts are edited or removed if the comments are vulgar, racist, sexist, deragotry or generally offensive in nature.
8) Posts are edited or removed if they constitute personal attacks, name calling or libelous and defamatory in nature.
9) Posts are edited or removed if they are off topic.
10) Posts are edited or removed if the administrator feels that someone is advertising his products or services without permission rather than genuinely sharing information.
11) Posts are edited or removed because they are negative reports, complaints or negative remarks against any hair treatment provider or vendor, including but not limited to hair transplant doctors, hair transplant clinics, non-surgical hair replacement system vendors, topical hair loss treatment providers.
If you proceed to register an user account
in the forum, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our forum policy
and the procedures and terms stated in
refund as well as HairSite's
The forum administrator will browse the forums from time to time to ensure that the guidelines are being followed. Anyone not following the guidelines may find their posts edited, deleted and risk being banned if the problem continues. If you notice any posts that do not adhere to these guidelines, please notify the forum administrator by email, email@example.com
Jan 01, 2011, revised May 16, 2011, Jan 2, 2013
Copyright 1997-2013 © |